Can’t-Miss Things To Do In London In Winter
London dazzles year-round, but the winter months bring a special kind of magic to England’s capital. As soon as December (well November actually!) hits, London transforms into a festive winter wonderland filled with Christmas cheer, stunning festive lights, incredible entertainment and seasonal attractions.
Those staying in serviced apartments in London have prime access to the best winter offerings right on their doorstep…
Winter Activities For Kids & Families
While London entices all ages, these interactive attractions offer ample entertainment for kids and families visiting London in the winter months:
- Natural History Museum Ice Rink
This rink hosts “penguin skate aids” to help little ones learn to skate on the ice with fun penguin-themed aids to glide effortlessly across the ice.
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
Kids adore the carnival rides, circus shows, ice skating, and Santa visits at London’s epic Winter Wonderland attraction in winter. Tots can even meet the magical reindeer!
As December descends, London begins to sparkle with festive cheer infused into its bustling streets, world-famous landmarks, and wealth of attractions and events.
Looking for the very best things to do in London in winter? Here are 10 quintessential winter activities visitors should make time for:
- Browse festive holiday markets all over the capital
- Marvel at dazzling light displays on Regents Street, Carnaby Street and beyond…
- Glide across an outdoor ice rink
- Check out a Christmas theatre show like Elf The Musical
- Sing along on a carolling pub crawl
- Toast the season at a pop-up Christmas bar on the Southbank
- Indulge in hearty British holiday dishes at the oldest of pubs
- Try fun outdoor winter sports
- Find one-of-a-kind gifts from local makers
- Capture the magic however you can!
Those looking for things to do in London in winter absolutely should embrace the season by bundling up to discover this world-class city’s twinkling markets and light displays, spirited entertainment, seasonal food and drink, and quintessential wintertime vibes.
And remember to wrap up warm!